How can we improve Spark Post for Android?

Please release an Android version of your mobile apps.

I've been a full CC subscriber for years, but recently downgraded to the photography plan for a month or two, (as this is a slow time of year for me). In doing so, the Spark apps came to my attention as some of the few available to me with the new plan...however they are not available for Android.

A long time back, I feel I was virtually forced to invest in an iPad as, back then, there were a dozen Adobe mobile apps available for ios, and zero for Android. Since then, it had seemed Adobe had gotten Android somewhat caught up to ios, but I guess not.

I'd Really like to have access to these Spark apps on my Samsung s8+, which I think is better than the iPhone X anyway, but it seems Adobe is at least a year behind in getting the Spark apps ported to Android. (See last paragraph for why I don't know the exact date.)

I don't think I'll ever get an iPhone, and it's not a matter of money. I just feel I have a lot more freedom on Android, and dislike the way Apple runs some things. It has always seemed to me, that if you want simple and 'idiot-proof', but restricted, you go with an iPhone, but if you want more freedom to be creative, and are more comfortable with the functions of a smartphone, an Android phone is much more flexible and open.

I think it's really bad of Adobe to take so long to port their mobile apps to Android, especially while charging the same price to people who, for whatever reason, do not own an ios device - with the Photography plan, only 2 of 5 apps are available on Android. I also ponder how Adobe are reading their customers, or if they have some sort of a partnership with Apple, that they treat Android users as barely second class citizens. If one thinks about it for a second, those on the Photography plan, the cheapest subscription, and an introduction to Adobe subscriptions, could very well be populated by more Android users than ios users. Yet these Android users, as mentioned above, only have access to 2 of the 5 mobile apps available through this plan. If I were an Android customer new to Adobe, this would not make me happy and might make me think twice before continuing or upgrading.

(As a small example of Apple's restrictiveness, just now, I wanted to check when each Spark mobile app was first released, so I tried to get to Apple's App Store on my laptop...impossible to do on the web, must open in iTunes...whereupon I discover the App Store acts like it does not exist, there is no way to even make it appear in iTunes, nor search for any app, unless I get up and go to another room to dig up my iPad and plug it directly into my laptop. Only then will I even be able to view the App Store, and Apple apps, which seems a nasty, secretive way to design an online store.)

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian-SummaeStudios shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base