How can we improve Adobe Spark in general?

Typekit Fonts

We should be able to import additional fonts from Typekit

79 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Shipped! #yay  ·  AdminAmy Zhong (Product Manager, Adobe Spark) responded  · 

Hi everyone!

I’m happy to announce that Spark Post now has Typekit (Adobe Fonts) integrated on web, iOS and Android. Spark Premium users will have access to the full library and Spark Free users will have access to the basic library.

We plan to expand support to Page, Video and branding. We’ll update the status when those areas are under development.

Cheers!

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Margo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All (subscription) Adobe Fonts are still NOT available to select in Spark Post under the user's "Manage Brand" page. This is essential for branding templates and remixing projects. Otherwise, the "Brandify" function is useless. Please fix this as soon as possible. Please also consider offering a discount or partial refund to me and to all those included in this discussion to provide you with key user experience that should have been tested by your web developers (front and back end) BEFORE launching this product and falsely advertising the usability and accessibility of Adobe Fonts sold to subscribers. I'm a paying customer. I shouldn't have to pay to be YOUR QA team. Get it together ADOBE!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The iPad iOS Spark Post application doesn't allow importing of Adobe Fonts, but the iPhone version does. This seems strange to me as I view the iPad application as more professional than the iPhone counterpart. Could you please add this to the iPad app? Thank you!

If it’s taking this long to improve or integrate subscription products, my guess is that it isn’t a product issue but more of a (font) licensing oversight that wasn’t negotiated with vendors or priced in with clients to cover their cost; hence the (font) ‘rights and usage’ rep language pushed to the user to sign/confirm when uploading a font to Spark each time. This integration problem isn’t going to be solved anytime soon until all font licenses are recontracted by Adobe and then paid (upgraded) by users. Just my guess and 2 cents.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so, this lack of a feature is likely to determine my entire Adobe subscription. What a huge oversight that typekit fonts can't be used in Spark. super disappointing.

I just spent hours choosing Adobe fonts to use in Spark and hours trying to figure out why I couldn't seem to load them only to find out from customer service that it isn't a thing. Spark is useful. This bug makes it way less useful.

Seriously? It's been years since people have been repeatedly asking for this and you ignore the issue? MAKE TYPEKIT COMPATIBLE WITH SPARK!

Please synch activated fonts with Spark. These fonts are included with CreativeSuite, and customers should not have to purchase the font from an outside vendor to upload them into Spark.

• JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why has this still not been addressed? Not only has it not been addressed, but the representative I spoke to on the phone about this issue was absolutely clueless and recommended I buy the Adobe font from a 3rd party and upload it. I pay for Adobe Suite so that I won't have to do things like this. I think it's also hilarious that this thread was sent to me in a Customer Care email as a follow up to my call. Ridiculous.

• VC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So it'll be almost a year that Adobe has had this request... but still no movement? What a real shame that they get you all excited to use their fonts, but then they don't let you use the fonts across all their services.

Hello I encountered an issue while working on a new brand. I wanted to use spark for some web mockups with some logo proposals for a client. The problem is that on the branding setup, in Spark, I cant use the font I.ve chosen for the brand. For example I used ”New Hero”, this font is not in the short list suggest in the platform and I cannot upload it cause this is an Adobe Font, practically I dont have a copy of it at disposal. Cheers!

Adobe Fonts should be activated on Spark, as well, once you've selected one for use. It is a missed opportunity for ease of control and full utilization of the package I've purchased. I would really love to see the feature added ASAP.

I wish I had read this thread before spending two hours on the phone with Adobe yesterday, only for customer (tech?) service to realize that the import font function is only enabled for NON-Adobe fonts, which seems silly and completely unhelpful for subscribers paying to use THEIR fonts with THEIR products, especially if it's WEB based. Otherwise, what's the point of creating "Web Projects" in Adobe Fonts? It's counterintuitive if Spark & Adobe Fonts can't sync; similar to how Portfolio & Adobe Fonts sync. Looking forward to the update; soon pretty please? Thanks.

• Irina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats really-really nesessary! And normal glyph coverage, not only Latin.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add my comment to this - to use fonts from Typekit/Adobe fonts in Spark and presumably Porftolio that I get with premium would make extremely good sense and add value to the subcription I am paying for. thanks

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base