How can we improve Adobe Spark in general?

Support for line breaks in paragraph text.

In a text box that contains multiple paragraphs there is no way to increase the space between paragraphs or add a manual line break/space. This means each paragraph needs to be it's own text box, which doesn't really work well for many styles and is just a silly work flow.

More customization of text would make Spark a very useful tool, but without simple things like that and the ability to specify font size, I think I'll go back to Illustrator/Photoshop.

105 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Koan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I type a sign (•) and with secondary color I paint it the same color as the background.
    Very frustrating but on a desktop the best way to do this.

text

text

text

• Abdullah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

alternative solution until abode fixes it is...

when adding a line space, add a full stop (or any value) in the line that u want to leave blank.

for example :
    "
    This is a line before an empty line.
    This is a line after an empty line.
    "

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The absence of Line break is actually the only thing holding me away from using spark now. Fix it PLEASE! I cannot make a professional looking site with text moving a it pleases. ESPECIALLY in HEADLINES!

AGREE! Trying to post something with title, body, and signature - makes no sense in the space if not able to add a line space between each??

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this! I'm simply trying to type out a mailing address and it has become the most frustrating part of my day. Unbelievable.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been added yet? Seems like a pretty common sense "feature."

I create spark pages for real estate agents and when I put their contact info it takes up 5-6 lines and when they each need their own text box it just looks dumb and unprofessional

I am beyond shocked that this hasn't been taken care of yet. This is such a simple feature that I CANNOT believe is not available. I spent the money on the program and find it almost useless to me not being able to create a simple paragraph. PLEASE fix this!

Yes, please add the ability to add a line break by hitting enter (not creating a new paragraph). Without this feature there is no way to list items without extraneous space between each item?!

• Sally Shuey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with allowing more text functions. A related issue I'm having is, I'll size a text box to get specific line breaks and after I release the box handle the text will revert to a smaller size with different breaks than I wanted. I spent time with Adobe Support to try and resolve, but sadly that bug is baked in. Please fix!

Feedback and Knowledge Base