It would be good for my clients to find a program where I can create social post graphic templates that are consistent with the rest of their design collateral. So adding templates from Creative Cloud with background images and editable text. Or create templates to share with friends for use in the app. I know its a fun app to use, but if I could use it so users can create interesting social post graphics while adhering to their brand guidelines that would be awesome.
Hello again — good news! We’re getting ready to work on this feature now. We’d love to talk to more users who are interested in this feature — grab some time here: https://calendly.com/spark-chat
It would be great to be able to format templates for our students to direct them how they should fill in information on topics they are researching. This would be great for posts, pages and videos.
Tory Brogan commented
I have a small business (Yoga Studio) that we collaborate with employees and partners in social media for promotions. My perspective on what is most useful
1) Mostly need post templates because that is what gets shared and used the most with branded content. Video is useful, but tends to be custom every time around whatever is captured so more important is the ability for branded content like shared logo, font, intro/outro standard. We haven't found the niche to have a consistent branded video clip. Page templates are not a shared function for us.
2) Our use as a business is primarily branded templates since we use it for social media for the company.
3) Private templates only since we are doing work from our business to the public. The template sharing is among specific partners that we know.
1) Mostly need post templates because we have not started using Page or Video templates.
2) We need to be able to share both. We are a university with several brands—athletics, departments, colleges, etc.—that need to be represented on social media.
3) Undoubtedly, we need the ability to share a private template! I need to be able to create customized score updates for each sport on campus (i.e. football, baseball, cross country....each sport needs a different graphic/score update). I need to be able to send a Spark Post template to the assistant coach of each sport so they can update the game information on their own.
Would love more feedback from you on this workflow as we investigate! Any perspectives on the below questions would be very helpful:
1) Do you only need to share Post templates or are you also interested in sharing Page & Video templates? Why?
2) Do you only need to share Custom Branded templates or are you also interested in sharing unbranded templates? Why?
3) What is more helpful for your workflow: Publishing public templates so anyone can create from them or sharing templates privately with people that you know? Why?
Thanks so much,
I agree! I work for an ad agency and have only recently started using Spark for a client that needed quick social media videos with simple messages. In my opinion, this is the niche Spark should fill in the Adobe catalog - quick and easy rich content authoring for social media without having to turn to a robust, intimidating package like After Effects. However, right now it's TOO simple, with not enough flexibility and control to satisfy basic brand requirements.
So in the case of my client project, I had to create my slides with text and photos in Photoshop (so I could manipulate line-height, font spacing, logo placement, etc.) and then bring them into Spark for its music and motion effects. It seems odd that I'm using Spark for only about 20% of its features.
This might be a different issue to tackle elsewhere, but it would seem that Adobe would make basic font-editing functions common across all applications. So there should be a "baseline" set of functions that all content-creation and editing software in the CC package would share. In my opinion, type manipulation (size, line-height, color, style, tracking, etc.) should be a baseline function.
Tennis Shoes commented
I've played around with Spark a little. It's a fun little gadget, but seems to me that it is mainly a way to create a “video” version of a keynote in your pocket. Which can be really handy if your ideas are flushed out and assets are simple. However, it seems clumsy if you need to go back and edit things or your assets aren't already on your device. Also, I wouldn't expect the ability to do much manipulation of assets. They kinda have to all be ready to place in to some degree. If your ideas are ambitious I would lean towards a more sophisticated platform.
Glad to hear this is getting added to Spark!
And, resize images
i'm also looking for some interesting ideas that how to improve the template. Btw any one help me to improve my site template?
Any update on this? I see Microsoft is already offering this feature in their Sway app to share a user-created file for others to duplicate and customize.
I agree! It is important that the person who uses my template can save it in his or her own Spark, so he or she not just makes changes on my project but can take my template and adapt it to his/her own use.
Elena Dormann commented
I would very much appreciate such an offer. Would be very helpful indeed for my students to use other templates and save them in their own Spark. Thanks.
Priska Fuchs commented
That's great. For me it's important that the person who uses my template can save it in her own Spark, so he or she not just makes changes on my project but can take my template and adapt it to his/her own use.
Tyler Stringer commented
On the ios app, there is a way to send a remixable copy. I searched the online website and it is not there. It would be very helpful to be able to send the design to my supervisor so she could edit it.
I second Golf Guide's request. We need this for our organization as well!
Golf Guide commented
We have an Adobe Enterprise Subscription for our whole organization. It would be super compelling to be able to permit the majority of our Adobe Enterprise supscriptions access to the Branded layouts we have made for us. In any case, this does not appear to work at the present time?
Yes I would like to upload my own templates to adobe spark rather than the templates you generate. Otherwise the spark pro is pretty limiting
It would be great for us to be able to create libraries with design collateral and share with other team members and/or clients to edit/comment/approve.
Spark Team, any update? I desperately need this feature for my social media team
Any update? Would love this functionality.