How can we improve Adobe Spark Video?

More Customizable Slides

I'd like the ability to truly make a video from scratch by being able to do things that a basic slide show program like Power Point can do. Things like:

-Choose from different fonts and sizes and colors with ability to bold, italicize, underline
-Choose a background color or customized border
-Choose the exact layout I want (make certain things bigger, moved to the corner, etc.)
-Choose more interesting transitions

It'd also be great to be able to change music volume throughout the video.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Crissy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Harkness commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I love Spark but it would be great to have more themes and especially be able to customize at least the colors of current themes in order to be in-line with brand requirements.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the comment. Not enough freedom to edit with a premium account.

• Kellen Maicher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry...I meant to say "legacy themes" not "legacy fonts." Doing away with the old themes messed up old projects AND limited user options. Cheers.

• Kellen Maicher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the power of Spark is intended to be ease-of-use, but the lack of control is frustrating once you get a handle on this product and start running out of variations. Even looking at the inspiration pieces you start to see and hear the same stuff over and over.

So really, the alternative should be either to 1) provide more creative control to the user (layout, fonts, animation, etc.) OR 2) provide a MUCH bigger theme set to choose from.

I say this from the perspective of Spark Video, and haven't played around with Post or Page much. IMO, video is a nice target niche since products like Canva don't do video.

8 video themes simply will not cut it. Even with the ability to "create new themes", all you can really control are a few colors and fonts. (Which makes it really frustrating that you did away with the legacy fonts...why not just add to them?)

I really like the potential of this product, but at best it only functions for me as a basic prototyper at this point. I mean, I'm not expecting After Effects Light or anything, but it seems taking this a step further could make this really useful. As it stand, it's probably not going to be worth me continuing to pay the $10/month fee.

Thanks for the consideration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base