How can we improve Adobe Spark Video?

Import pre-recorded Audio/Narration and add closed captioning.

I would be able to better use this tool for my courses if I could add pre-recorded audio (we have a professional narrator) and closed captioning (for accessibility purposes).

99 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Callista shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg Fitzgerald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see my post from 13 months ago resulted in nothing from Adobe. Please add the ability to add a sound file to Spark videos... the live narration thing is not what we want. And exporting the video to audition or premiere is a big ask. Is Adobe listening to anyone?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importing voiceover audio and trimming background audio should stop being cast as tools only for professionals. Time and again, I see Adobe thinking that live audio recordings will suffice in her prosumer software and that background audio should run the entire length of the project. Get with the program, please. These are bit ”nice to haves” they are essential tools for building multi-media

Has anyone tried patching the audio output from a recording device into the computer microphone input to live capture their recorded audio as a workaround? It seems that adding narration audio as a background music eliminates the abikity to mix music and voiceover.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add professional VO with music, just create your video in Spark, export it, bring the export into Adobe Premiere, create your audio track with VO and music. Then, export the audio track and import into your Spark project as one music track. It's a round about way of doing it, but it works. I would agree that the feature would be useful in spark video, as these quick and easy to create videos are proving really engaging on social media right now, Spark could gain a lot of customers.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this idea was proposed almost a year and a half ago, and still nothing?!? Was about to recommend Spark for a big digital storytelling project at my school in which students interview their parents about their work lives. This lack of such a BASIC feature kills that idea.

Adding pre-recorded audio is just such a key feature for my projects, can you just let us know if this is likely to happen any time soon?

Adobe please add the ability to upload pre-recorded audio in Spark!!! I can't use the tool effectively witout this basic functionality.

• Vipul Chaudhary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is highly important! Most of us do not use our computing devices to record audio.
        It is done separately in a silent room with better microphones.
        Please add a feature to import pre-recorded audios.

Looking to purchase too, but after noticing I can not use an imported voice its search time again.

Hello all. I know this post is old and I'm not sure if you already know what I'm about to say but I think I found a hack. You can add your own music tracks into spark so if you just import your pre recorded audio as background music, it should work. hope this helps

• Michael B Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is frustrating. I love my Spark account for graphics, but not being able to upload a pre-recorded narration is stifling my productivity.

• Chris S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality because almost nobody has a radio voice to record their own voice overs. I was planning on hiring a voice actor for some short ads created with spark.. but uploading a voice file is not possible :(

This is a deal breaker. I'm a world languages instructor and this could be such a great tool for students to record themselves in the presentation.

• Laura Vee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd find this app more useful if I could upload my own narrations. This just plain sucks.

• Greg Fitzgerald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a public radio producer and am still disappointed to come back to Spark and find that adding a pre recorded audio track is not possible. This severely limits Spark for the thousands of audio producers who could use Spark to create on line stories using text, images and audio clips.

• Hannah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to upload prerecorded sound files to add to photos or video. The templates are so clean and I not want to have to use multiple sites to do one project. There are others programs like WeVideo, which is free and already allows you to do this. This should have been a priority before launching. Going to use WeVideo instead. They also have better trim tools for video.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base