How can we improve Adobe Spark Page?

Allow photo edit/crop/resizing of images especially for the glideshow. Transition effect options.

Sometimes the pictures don't show the right part, i.e. have picture of students. It only showed their bodies and their heads were cut off. Some times the pictures are too stretched out. Need the option to edit, crop and resize. Also would like the option to edit transitions.

152 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Heidi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminLaura Wittig (Product Manager, Spark Page, Adobe Spark) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spark Page treats some images in ways that allow them to be fully mobile responsive, and sometimes individual image placement can work differently than some people expect. Right now, the feature is working as expected if you'd like to achieve an effect where an image fills the entire screen. For more information on how Spark Page treats images, please take a look at our help center article: https://adobespark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019941794

As noted in the "Planned Feature" status, we are also planning on releasing a feature that will provide an option to include the whole image in a letterbox for users who do not want any cropping applied to images in fill screen, glideshow backgrounds & split layout backgrounds. For right now, you can utilize the focal point feature to tell us where you'd like to focus your image in fill screen, glideshow backgrounds & split layout backgrounds. We will update this thread when progress is made on that feature.

If this information did not address your question or request, please add a comment and we will do our best to respond.

FOR SPARK POST: This thread is applicable only to Spark Page. If you are referring to image resizing as JPGs or other outputs, you are referring to Spark Post. Please use this forum for Spark Post: https://adobespark.uservoice.com/forums/329007-spark-post-feature-suggestion

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely ridiculous. This feature request has been in the works since 2017. A product manager in May of 2017 stated this feature would be "coming soon!". It's a native feature available in Adobe's flagship product, Photoshop, but isn't available in Spark? And the workarounds are no help. Especially "change the focal point in an image to show the most important parts of it". Doesn't work if the photo is of my kid and his dog, and all I can show is my "kid" OR his "dog". They're BOTH IMPORTANT PARTS! Would switching to A competitive product finally get the needed update??? Probably not. The development team doesn't care enough to implement this feature, so why would they care if I stopped using it?

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Cindy Lou: thanks for the shovel instead of the %$#

~ D

• AdminVeronica Belmont (Spark PM, Adobe Spark) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally hear you! We're still working on this feature, but in the meantime please remember that you can change the focal point in an image to show the most important parts of it (works great for glideshow, for example). I know it's not a perfect solution, but it should help for some use cases!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah its useless without photo editing, honestly i dont know who would release a product like this without that aspect already embedded in it.

• Bentley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use spark for youtube thumbnails! I need to make pictures smaller stuff(like crop them)

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found this post. Can’t believe it. Next step is deleting Spark from my iPad. Useless program.

Laura, that would be great. However, I was told almost the exact same thing in February 2017. That it would be added as a new feature with the next update of Spark in about two to three months. And, here we are, February 2019 and it's still in the planning stage and will be added soon. I'm sorry, but "near future" doesn't seem to be a priority.

• Sophia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would apear that this has ben an issue that Adove is aware of for several years now. This renders programme useless and is shoddy customer service. Sort it please Adobe, this makes you look like a laughing stock.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue and can't believe this is not a standard feature. It would even be better if I had the dimensions of the box size so I cant at least get the proportions and image size right. I know its supposed to be responsive a min and max size would even give me something

THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE SOME ENCOURAGING NEWS WITH THE GROUP

I too posted this issue sometime back in February 2017, and have been just as frustrated as all of you about the program lacking this feature. In November of last year as one of three (3) follow ups to my original post, I spoke with a supervisor and finally got him to see what we've been talking about. (You don't want to know the logic I had to use to get someone to see the issue. Their engineer team thought you could just "crop" the photo to the size you want, "drop it in" and it would work! Thank goodness for the teachings of Mr. Spock!) The supervisor finally saw the problem agreed to bring it up with their engineers during their weekly "Issues" meeting that Thursday.

I got an email one week ago stating the Adobe engineers are finally addressing the problem and are working on a fix to be released with the next update. I wouldn't hold my breath until the actual program is updated, but an actual "fix it" case log was created, not just the standard, "customer service request" case log. I would give it a month or two before the changes should appear. Cheers!

Adobe Spark doesnt allow cropping/editing of photos. Here's a challenge for Adobe: find any other graphic design app in the universe that doesnt have these features.

Has this still not be resolved? Was trying out option for social media posting to easily add photos within template frames. This is a basic feature Adobe. Get on it!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base