How can we improve Adobe Spark Page?

Add made pages to your own website / domain

Adobe Spark is really easy to use.
This is why it would be incredible if we would be able to turn pages into websites from your own domain.

Basically, so I can use it instead of making a page in Dreamweaver or Muse.

354 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

100 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SANIC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Investigated since March 2018 now we have april 2019 so many users would point their own Domain or export to html without this options Spark is nearly useless.

• jeremy Higham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Spark Page Product Manager

We've created the title page for a Spark Web Page but the text has offset itself to the right. How do we recenter it please?

• Tomy-rex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dan, my view precisely. Use the right tool for the job. Why would Adobe want to let people use their own url anyway? At the moment the link / url is good advertising for them, gives other people an easy way to find out how to make their own.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again - if you want a free website builder then use Wordpress for goodness sake! It ALREADY has all the options people want, is free, and is not that hard to use. Why waste time asking for more features in Spark when Adobe are renowned for not doing what their clients want? Beats me.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You do all realize that Adobe Spark (Page) is not a website design tool? That would be Dreamweaver. I too was disappointed that I couldn’t add these pages to my own domain, and I posted here about it. However, when I was told that it wasn’t an option I found a way around it. I linked the spark page (with it’s Adobe url) to a button on a page on our domain. That’s it. None of our users care about the url; they want the content. As far as they know (and these are design professionals) they’re still in the same environment.

And while we’re at it, (begin rant) one of you said something like, “the only thing Spark is good for is slapping things together”. Well, yeah. The entire Spark family is designed for quick social posts and micro sites. You wouldn’t use Spark Page instead of Photoshop, right? Or Spark Video instead of PPro? If your doing serious web design take the time to learn the right tools. And keep asking for the features to be added to the tool with the easy buttons. But ask politely. (End of rant).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Laura Wittig: When I try to access this page you recommended with "alternative approaches to exporting your Page or hosting it on your own domain", it says 'You're not authorized to access this page". Please provide a link that all of us can access. Thank you!
    https://adobespark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020989454

Again, I want to express that I'm extremely disappointed that Adobe is not supporting its users with this product that they developed.

• Adam Snetiker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved? I noticed it was from a year ago and I'd like to be able to use my HTML in other places, specifically as an email newsletter since that's the "page" type I created. Please let me know if you see this.

Really dissapointed about this; the value add of the product is significantly reduced for me. I hope this happens soon. Had I known I couldn’t use with my domain I would never have invested in the product. The problem with assuming what seems like the obvious. Totally my fault.

Disappointed in an understatement!!! This is by far my favorite platform to design pages on.

Laura Wittig: Thanks for getting back to us. I am disappointed to hear that Adobe is not providing the ability to export to HTML or use a custom domain. As you can see, there's a lot of user interest in this functionality from your customers. As others in this forum have said, customers would be willing to pay for this feature. It's a nice product otherwise, but I guess we'll be looking elsewhere to create our website next time.

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is pretty inane considering the same functionality is already available on Adobe portfolio. Can’t y’all...talk to each other? Smh.

With it now 3 years on and a reply from Adobe saying it’s not going to be progressed I guess that means my only option is now to look elsewhere. There isn’t much point me wasting time and effort creating more Spark posts for my website. Sadly this will mean looking beyond Spark and Portfolio as it’s not fit for purpose, but also at my Lightroom CC subscription too. The Portfolio website aspect is what persuaded me to the CC subscription. Perhaps I need to reevaluate my options going forward.

• AdminLaura Wittig (Product Manager, Spark Page, Adobe Spark) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Page users. After investigating the feature, we will not be providing an option to export your Page to HTML or use a custom domain at this time. We will keep this Feature Suggestion open for further feedback, but want to be up front about not supporting it at this time. Thank you.

I truly cant believe i wasted the time to create a web page that cannot be exported. And hey.. it's pretty cool to be able to slam something together that looks good.. but if its just for "spark" use.. how does even figure?

• Andreas Kuswara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would second on this too, it can move Spark from a nice-to-have tool on the fringe to the centre stage of democratisation of training content creation where a clean beautiful AND mobile-friendly pages can be created by empowered SME / Instructional Designer without having to go back and forth with a web developer. Create in Spark, pack it up and deploy in Moodle or normal CMS.

• Mikey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with this desperate need.
    That said, the person who recommended using an iframe below indicates a good approach for now, but the responsive version of Spark fails that way, so I just added a light script at the top that redirects to the native Spark page on small screens.

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>YOUR WEBSITE NAME HERE</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    if (screen.width <= 699) {
    document.location = "https://spark.adobe.com/page/YOURCODEHERE/";
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    <style>
    {
    margin: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    overflow: hidden;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <iframe src="https://spark.adobe.com/page/YOURCODEHERE/&quot; frameborder="no" />
    </body>
    </html>

• cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

haha, too the people post to this thread, it is coming up on 3 years old. They are NEVER going to do this. Give up and move on to something else like carrd.co

A temporary fix. I have purchased domains from GoDaddy and applied them to the Adobe URL. Select "With Masking" and it hides the Adobe URL. It looks and works fine until you add it to Social Media (FB) It doesn't create a Pretty URL with image. Just the URL text. You can create subdomains from the purchased Domain.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I designed an "what's new" page for upcoming adobe upgrades and my manager liked it so she wants to put it on our company intranet. This would be another great reason to be able to "export" a Spark page. Ammo for your Roadmap. Thanks!

I want to make a page for my band the site will contain a limit media. I have a CC subscription. Can I create a page and connect it to my domain?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base