How can we improve Adobe Spark Post?

Export to InDesign

I see a lot of votes for export to Illustrator and Photoshop, and I agree, but would like to add export to InDesign as well. I use Spark as a scratch pad for new ideas when I'm stuck on a design layout. I just recreate what I come up with in InDesign, because the "export" option in Spark is basically just JPG! (and low quality at that...need 300 dpi....but that's also been suggested), and also because there are usually some tweaks to be done.
I suspect this app was created with social media content creators (with little or no design experience) in mind, so the simplicity and limited options make sense in that realm. The simplicity is actually what makes the product so useful.
TLDR: Spark is great at sparking ideas, it just can't export those ideas in a high quality format. It would be much more useful if the ideas could be exported to more robust apps in the CC family.

27 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Under Review  ·  AdminAmy Zhong (Product Manager, Adobe Spark) responded  · 

Thank you for your suggestion. Exporting to .ai, .psd, and .indd would be something to consider if we see a significant percentage of our users asking for it. Until then, you might consider using the Adobe Comp mobile app. It is a tool for sketching out layout ideas quickly while you are not at your desktop, and it allows you to send (export) your layout to Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or InDesign.

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EtaCarinae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spark doesn't allow editing of individual characters, words & sentences. This is pretty basic stuff. Looks like I'm not out of a job just yet if automation can't provide such functionality. Exporting an existing template to Ai, PSD, AEP & pproj.

• Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is much needed. Also the ability to create templates in InDesign and export to Spark. My peeves with creating template in Spark are that when I change text it automatically resizes it. I want to lock the size. Same thing with images. If I get something to the size I like it and want to replace an icon or image, I want it to stay the same size/aspect ratio as the original item I'm replacing.

• Naomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE do this! I often make posts for a local chapter of a larger group I work with, and then others want to adapt them for their use. It would be so helpful if I could export it to InDesign and edit as needed.

• Hallvard Hatlestad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic to export templates made in InDesign to post. With logos and so on. Both ways from Post to InDesign would be suupersmooth.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just got done with a client meeting and the design staff of four all agreed exporting from the app to .indd or .ai would be AMAZING!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to have a started layout in just. a few minutes and take it in to InDeisgn to just place in some assets and fine tune text flow

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second that proposal. I wish I was able to at least expert the artwork as a PDF document, not only JPEG

Feedback and Knowledge Base