How can we improve Adobe Spark Post?

Accessibility

I would like to request that Adobe Spark files be accessible for screen readers so I can post to my website - thank you

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danielle Fawbush shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! We’d love to hear your feedback on how we can make Spark Post more accessible for you to use.

As you know, accessibility can include many thing things, please comment here on what aspect of the app you’d like to see improvements first. The more detail the better.

Thank you!

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that closed captioning is not an option and your exclamation that you would "love" to hear feedback is offensive.

• Brian Beam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Acccessible by Screen Readers like JAWS. Higher Ed cannot use until this works. Microsoft Sway product is screen reader friendly, but my people want to use your Adobe Spark product.

In order for my school district to be able to use this as a communication tool, I need the content that it generates to meet WCAG Accessibility guidelines.

• firemarshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello are there any updates on this? I'd like to use this product for my school district but legally I cannot if it's not handicap accessible (I don't want my district to get an OCR complaint!)

Have there been any updates? I create our Sparkpage and I know we need to be 508 compliant but I haven't seen a way to do that. Help!

The updated Section 508 has been in effect since January 2018. Federally funded agencies aren't allowed to distribute inaccessible content. Adobe you have an opportunity here. Please provide the tools to allow for the creation of accessible flyers and newsletters. Thank you for your prompt attention to this very important matter.

This is taking too long for a response. I think we are just going to have to recommend that this product not be used on campus.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything Adobe? Anything at all? I keep seeing educators using this product, but they are going to come up short the moment they find themselves with a student who can't read the text on a screen.

I too have tried Spark and loved it. However, I won't utter one word of recommendation to my university without a VPAT, a roadmap of dates for fixing accessibility issues and some evidence of progress along that road.

• Iza Bartosiewicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Accessibility of tools, such as Adobe Spark, should not be classified as 'feature suggestion' or enhancement that needs to get a certain number of votes before it gets implemented.

We must be able to create resources that all students can use and interact with. And, since students can use this tool to create resources for others, what a perfect opportunity to teach them about accessibility and inclusive design!

Please, Adobe, improve the accessibility of Spark regardless of how many votes this request gets.

• MaryAnne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe, this is a really big deal. If the way in to a university is through Spark, then you need to make it accessible. It is otherwise a wonderful product.

• rob brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I want this too! I am on the board of an organization advocating for accessible websites, books, etc. I NEVER recommend a product that is not completely accessible."

As a higher ed trainer, and a lover of Adobe products, I actively work AGAINST anybody using spark because of the lack of accessibility.

Please comply (or allow compliance) with the WCAG 2.0 rules for Section 508 compliance.

• S. W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so frustrating that I cannot use this tool to create resources due to the lack of accessibility features!! I cannot believe that a relatively new tool would lack these basic tools. I cannot use this in my position in Higher Ed because it is against University policy. Adobe get it together! I want to be able to use this and encourage my students to use it as well but I cannot promote this tool without basic accessibility compliance.

• Anne Tuominen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Adobe Spark Post have a VPAT? Sure would like to see one of these at the very least, to get the ball rolling towards a more accessible product.

I'm a teacher who works with students with visual impairments. We've used your website to create a wonderful student newspaper, but we will probably move to a new platform with a different company if you cannot make this accessible. ALL of my students deserve to have web access to their final product. This seems like a no-brainer to me and I can't believe Adobe has not yet fixed this.

If the page cannot be screen reader compliant please provide EXPORT to PDF so it could be read in any Acrobat Reader or Preview (Mac)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base