How can we improve Adobe Spark Post?

Blur Photo

Often the details of the photo make it unusable. A simple gaussian slider would fix this!

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Travis Neilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Shipped! #yay  ·  AdminAmy Zhong (Product Manager, Adobe Spark) responded  · 

The ability to blur photos is now in Post.

Tap or click on the photo you wish to apply the Blur effect > Effects > Blur.
We also added the ability to enhance your photos with contrast, brightness, saturation and a slew of adjustments.

We hope you like this feature and we look forward to seeing your awesome designs :)

Happy Posting!

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Food for thought...do you want the user experience to be about the layout, the look and feel, square virus curved, and so forth. Or are you creating an arena with tools to be used like the filters found in a Virtual Studio Technology (VST). This is an audio plug-in software interface that integrates software synthesizer and effects in digital audio workstations. VST and similar technologies use digital signal processing to simulate traditional recording studio hardware in software. Perhaps an easier analogue: Do you want a machine that makes it easy to put components together well, or do you want a machine that does that AND allows for extensive manipulation of those components once on board. The folks asking for output to Illustrator or Photoshop are thinking along the same lines as my question/posit, except in reverse. I think an effective use of this idea is to do the fancy pats stuff "outside in the yard" so to speak. Use Illustrator or Photoshop to create the level of sophistication you want, then import the images into Spark Post. Please don't try to turn Spark Post into too much of a print oriented machine. It's core value is making the visual fields of the virtual world easier on the eye, so to speak.

• jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I feel we at least need the option of an overlay that we can toggle the transparency level on. This would help lighten the photo enough to be able to read the text we put on top. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base