How can we improve Adobe Spark Post?

Export to Illustrator or Photoshop

Would be great to have a way to open posts to Illustrator or Photoshop for additional tweaking.

247 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks everyone! Sharing this feedback with the team. Please let me know how you’d like to use this feature (your workflows) so I can share that as well.

Typically Spark is supposed to be the last step in your creation process, but I’d love to hear more about how it could work.

82 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@VeronicaBelmont, is there any update on this feature request? I notice it's been 3.5 years since it was suggested, and, judging by the votes and feedback, something still incredibly important to our community. Thanks.

I don't use Spark as the last step in creation, it is the first step. Sometimes it is the only step but there are things you can do in illustrator/indesign/photoshop that you can't do in Spark. For example, in Spark I can make a card (5x7) design. However, it doesn't allow me to then create a backside and tweak to send to the printer's.

Sparks strength is in easy layout and getting the look 90% there. but is weaker in doing little things to customize the design. That's where the other tools would be great.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Adobe Spark on my iphone a lot to create ads for Facebook for our store and also for event posts and photo collages for other social media. I like the easy layout features and all the ability to customize the look, especially the remix ability. The collaboration of other designers work is great and helps with the creation process. I would love to be able to export a design into Photoshop to tweak the design further as sometimes using the app is a little difficult on a small screen when i'm trying to adjust boxes even though I have a iphone 7 plus. Thanks!!

• Deleted Account commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the template options, and tend to play with them on my phone, posting to social media as I go, passing ideas off to clients and friends for their opinions. But if I could send it to Photoshop or Illustrator as a vector, it would help us design for cross promotion purposes, too. Thanks !!! Your team is doing GREAT!!! THANKS FOR YOUR DEDICATION.

• Lora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The beauty of Spark is that it allows for fast, automated creation (sizing, easy to add text, customize fonts etc.) However, working with clients, changes and small adjustments are always expected. These small adjustments could be easily made if we could export the Spark project as a PSD or AI with layers intact. Please consider making this a feature soon. Many creative professionals would greatly appreciate it.

• Georgie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect example of case: I quickly created a visual, but decided I’d prefer to mask some text. I couldn’t just export EVERYTHING I’d already done ie, placement, background photo effects, etc. that took a significant amount of time to perfect. I’d need to completely start over in Illustrator or Photoshop (which I also pay for) to finish the visual. Nonsense.

• Brian T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Spark to design my book cover. Though I love how it creates a "rough draft" of my design, as has been mentioned numerous times here, it would be GREAT if the file could be further edited in other programs. Currently, I see Spark-created files can only be saved in .jpeg. If files could be saved as .TIFF, for example, with the text and photo box formatting preserved, this would help make it possible to do fine tweaking in PhotoShop (to quickly edit size of photos in document, etc.). For the exact specifications I need for my book cover, I may have to start from scratch with Photoshop or another program. At this time, I am not confident recommending Spark to others because of the multiple bugs, lengthy time to save edits and files, and the inability to do final edits in other programs. Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration. Hope this is being passed along to the kind folks at Adobe. God bless you.

• Scott Worldwind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I've designed a basic design, it would be nice to export to Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator so I can do final tweaks before sending off, plus working from a local source is a lot quicker than online.

• Drea Ranek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to export into illustrator or photoshop too! For example the templates in Spark are great starting points. For me, I like to use them for a starting concept, like a product page, but if i want to repeat them with other products, its very hard to keep consistent placement and font size, because Spark likes to adjust to your content.

For example, the default size in spark for "facebook page cover" (seen in resize options, under "social profile" listed options) is way off and large portions of your design will be cut off depending on mobile vs. desktop. So, often I'll get a quick design done in spark, but will have to upload to illustrator onto an appropriate canvas size where I will make sure the artwork created in spark post doesn't bleed into known boundaries that will cause your design to be incompatible on mobile vs. desktop. But it's impossible to adjust any elements from the spark post in illustrator, which can be very frustrating. If I could save or upload the spark post directly into illustrator, I could make the necessary tweaks and add color or inconsequential elements in the border areas.

• Francy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so useful for when the team needs to make a final change and they need an editable file to do so.

• Leonard Choo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Supposed to be the last step” is not what the users want. Users want the quick automated mock-up from Spark and wants to add extra enhanced touches using illustrator and such. Please add this feature!

I really love Spark and the ability to quickly generate a design that’s different and unique, especially for things like concert fliers. I’m a photographer, not a graphic designer, so although I have the Creative Cloud, I’m not super familiar with all of the graphic design options and not do I have the design ideas to get started. Spark is great for generating an initial idea and then I could simply tweak in photoshop. Sometimes you want to fine tune it on the computer, maybe change a font to one not in the app, overlay another object - and sometimes you need to export it in a high resolution. It’s hard to do that in the app. I had a situation last year where I was quickly designing a charity concert flier that would be shown on a large outdoor TV. It was for an organisation that needed to add their logo and a few other things to it. I was unable to get a high enough resolution image to them and they ended up needing to designing something from scratch in Photoshop, even though the design in Spark was great and really quick to do. Being able to export high resolution to photoshop so we can tweak, add additional layers, make further changes or export as we need to using the great initial designs given by Spark would be really helpful.

Basically, create an idea on a mobile device, then export to an editor for more enhanced features. I think the many many requests for this feature speak for itself on the usefulness of this being added, and not much else is needed to be said on the matter

Spark post is buggy by itself, and doesn’t have the refined tools that photoshop or illustrator have, so quickly creating an idea in spark, “Sparking your creativity” and then exporting to an actual editor would allow for more refinement of the ideas, not to mentioning combining multiple spark posts to convert into artboards, which could then be managed along side of one another.

• Anthony Giglio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spark is a create tool for consumers and quick designs but being able to use Spark Post as a pre-vis with clients would make it even more valuable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base